Employer Vs Employability – News TOI – 19-July-2010. Even as we see that new employment opportunities are getting created every day by virtue of the fillip given to entrepreneurship, it is clear from this article that it is not easy to find employable people. The meagerly small ratio 4% employable people and the other 96% unemployable is really some food for thought. The gap between a candidate’s employability and his understanding of his employability seems to be quite wide. There could be many reasons to this – including your socio economic upbringing, your cognitive skills, your academic qualification, your understanding of your profession etc.
By far, the most important and critical thing is your presentation skills – that is how you present yourself. In spite of being well qualified, knowledgeable and with relevant experience, if you are not able to showcase yourself well and if you are not able to present your talent to your prospective employer, he will not be convinced to hire you. A Good Resume does the job for you. A professionally made, hand crafted Resume will do all the good to you and make your prospective employer sit up and take notice of you. He will be compelled to interview you to know your suitability for the job.
During my entire career as a documentation expert, Process consultant and Resume Service Provider, I have seen well qualified candidates having built their Resume with incorrect punctuation, typo, poor reflection of their skills, incomplete details etc.
A Resume is a face to your career, to your future. It reaches your prospective employer before you. So, if you are a fresh graduate or an experienced professional, if you have taken a break from your career for some good reason, if you are feeling stagnated in your current job, if you are looking for a career shift (to some other industry type), then go for a professional Resume service provider. In addition to him being well versed with knowledge in your professional domain, closely watch for the following points before you zero in on the Resume Service Provider.
1. Resume Analysis – Analysis and criticize existing Resume
2. Resume Building – Role wise building of a Resume from scratch
3. Resume Update – Update your existing Resume to make it a winning Resume
4. Resume Building (Focused) – Build a Resume focusing a particular skill or Industry type
5. Resume Packaging – Package a Resume with Cover Letter and Thank You Note
So, go and get yourself a new Resume and a new face to your career and future.